CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Our unit is made up of 4 classroom bases:
Holly • Maple • Cherry • Oak
• Every base has its own drop off point in the morning
and collection point at the end of the day.
• Each base has its own teacher and classroom assistant
to greet you and your child every morning, give out
messages, answer questions and listen to concerns.
• Reception (F2) home bases are Holly and Maple; Nursery (F1) home bases are
Oak and Cherry.
We provide a balance of child initiated, small or large group planned activities, where adults identify particular skills, knowledge and attitudes your child needs to develop. This means children can make choices and suggest the focus for their play.
• Letters, sounds and numbers are taught daily in groups.
• At Marpool we have several wonderful outdoor spaces.
• We make the most of our environment and spend lots of time learning outdoors.
• We enjoy planting, growing and harvesting our own fruit and vegetables which we use for our school lunches.
• Apples grow in our orchard and we love using them to make apple crumble.
• We look after of all of our animals. We feed and groom the goats. We collect eggs from our chickens and sometimes use them to make scrambled eggs!
• We hatched our very own ducklings and watched them grow.
• At Forest School we climb our trees, toast marshmallows on the bonfire and work together with our friends.
Would you like to see what children in FSU have been up to? Check out our photos here.
be thinking about moving into Reception, our new bases and the grown-ups who will help us
looking at spaces where we might play and learn in September
be thinking about our friendships
We have been writing our own non-fiction books… we are authors! Our books have a front cover, an information page, and a diagram with labels.
In letters and sounds we have been busy bees… look out for the home learning to see what your group have been focusing on. We have been learning about 2D and 3D shapes ... we know that 2D shapes are flat and 3D shapes are flat! We have learnt that 3D shapes that faces, edges and vertices!
talk to me about my new base and who the grown-ups who will be helping me are
talk to me about who I have been playing with today
Read your new books three times (every week).
Look out for the home learning with this week’s wow word … it’s fact. Do you know any facts about donkeys?
On Thursday 11th July we are having a Forest School Morning. Please come to school in old outdoor clothing and wellies (or old shoes) with a sunhat and suncream on too. There will be no need to change back into uniform later.
Friday 12th July – annual reports will be issued
Thursday 27th June: Family Fun Night
Monday 1st July – Class Swap Day
Thursday 4th July – Sports Day (Reception children will need to wear ‘sporty’ clothes and trainers)
Would you like to know more about child development? Here are some leaflets we hope you find useful:
Do you know the PANTS rule?
Click on the Talk Pants icon to find out more about how to keep your child safe.
We love to read! The Book Trust website contains book suggestions for you and your child, games and top tips.