CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Email [email protected]
Call now 378 799 294
Our unit is made up of 3 classroom bases:
Holly • Maple • Oak
• Every base has its own drop off point in the morning
and collection point at the end of the day.
• Each base has its own teacher and classroom assistant
to greet you and your child every morning, give out
messages, answer questions and listen to concerns.
• Reception (F2) home bases are Holly and Maple;
Nursery (F1) home base is Oak.
We provide a balance of child initiated, small or large group planned activities, where adults identify particular skills, knowledge and attitudes your child needs to develop. This means children can make choices and suggest the focus for their play.
• Letters, sounds and numbers are taught daily in groups.
• At Marpool we have several wonderful outdoor spaces.
• We make the most of our environment and spend lots of time learning outdoors.
• We enjoy planting, growing and harvesting our own fruit and vegetables which we use for our school lunches.
• Apples grow in our orchard and we love using them to make apple crumble.
• We look after of all of our animals. We feed and groom the goats. We collect eggs from our chickens and sometimes use them to make scrambled eggs!
• We hatched our very own ducklings and watched them grow.
• At Forest School we climb our trees, toast marshmallows on the bonfire and work together with our friends.
· Have been meeting new friends who will be joining our base in January.
· Have been singing some Christmas songs and listening to Christmas stories.
· Have been making some Christmas decorations, hats and a big snowman… Oak Base looks so festive!
•Have been learning our Christmas songs ready to perform… look out for our video on seesaw!
•We have been sharing lots of Christmas stories and talking about how we celebrate Christmas in different ways
•We have been making some beautiful Christmas decorations and Christmas cards
•We know that letters have a name, and letters make sounds. In Letters and Sounds this week we have been practising reading and writing words using all of the sounds we have learnt this term! We are super readers!
Sing some Christmas songs or share a Christmas story. I wonder which is your favourite?
Talk about some of the Christmas traditions as you do them… you might do some festive baking together or make some paper chains.
•Learn and sing a Christmas song
•Watch a Christmas film… can you talk about the characters?
•Carry on reading your Bug Club books over the holidays
•Share some Christmas stories with your family
•You might do some Christmas baking!
•Have a wonderful and cosy Christmas!
Would you like to know more about child development? Here are some leaflets we hope you find useful:
Do you know the PANTS rule?
Click on the Talk Pants icon to find out more about how to keep your child safe.
We love to read! The Book Trust website contains book suggestions for you and your child, games and top tips.
Click here for the school calendar and term dates.
Are you interested in learning more about early communication development?
BBC's Tiny Happy People contains a wealth of useful information.
Have a wonderful Christmas holiday!
See you all back at school on Tuesday 5th January for the start of the Spring term.
Holly Base After the Christmas break
Mrs Tapp and Mrs Kelly will be teaching Holly base until February Half Term.
Mrs Thornton will be here for the first two weeks of term too. Following February half term, we will be welcoming Ms Artus who will be teaching Holly base for the rest of Mrs Thornton’s maternity leave.