CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Our unit is made up of 4 classroom bases:
Holly • Maple • Cherry • Oak
• Every base has its own drop off point in the morning
and collection point at the end of the day.
• Each base has its own teacher and classroom assistant
to greet you and your child every morning, give out
messages, answer questions and listen to concerns.
• Reception (F2) home bases are Holly and Maple; Nursery (F1) home bases are
Oak and Cherry.
We provide a balance of child initiated, small or large group planned activities, where adults identify particular skills, knowledge and attitudes your child needs to develop. This means children can make choices and suggest the focus for their play.
• Letters, sounds and numbers are taught daily in groups.
• At Marpool we have several wonderful outdoor spaces.
• We make the most of our environment and spend lots of time learning outdoors.
• We enjoy planting, growing and harvesting our own fruit and vegetables which we use for our school lunches.
• Apples grow in our orchard and we love using them to make apple crumble.
• We look after of all of our animals. We feed and groom the goats. We collect eggs from our chickens and sometimes use them to make scrambled eggs!
• We hatched our very own ducklings and watched them grow.
• At Forest School we climb our trees, toast marshmallows on the bonfire and work together with our friends.
Would you like to see what children in FSU have been up to? Check out our photos here.
Holly and Maple
- This week we found a mysterious message from a crab. He needed our help to find a home!
- We have started to learn a story about a crab who lives in a shell.
- We have also been exploring 2D and 3D shapes.
Cherry and Oak
- are using our new ‘stage’ role-play area to perform familiar songs and Nursery Rhymes to each other.
- are learning to be a good audience by sitting, looking and listening.
- are drawing our own story maps for familiar Nursery Rhymes.
- Read your book three times.
- Practice re-telling our story
- Design a new home for the crab… you could draw one or even make one!
- Go on a shape hunt around your home – tell us what you see in your Home Learning book!
- sing some favourite Nursery Rhymes together read some books together
- practise careful counting e.g. by counting out how many knives/forks are needed for dinner
Holly and Maple: Monday 25th June - Friday 29th June : Trips to the beach in small groups. We will be going during school hours. Look out for a letter with more information!
Monday 2nd July : Class swap day. You will receive a letter to tell you your child's new class and teacher on the previous Friday. On class swap day, please drop your child off at their existing class as usual so we can register them and record their lunch.
Friday 6th July : Sports day at Exeter Arena (Nursery closed all day)
Week Beginning 18th June – we will be having some special fairy and wizard visitors coming in to perform and interact with us… they will be showing us magic, making balloon creations and inspiring us in our own performances! Your termly contribution is being used for these experiences to enhance our learning! A huge thank you to all those who have paid this already. If you haven’t paid this yet, there’s still time to pop to the office.
Monday 16th July : Reception End of Year Celebration! 2.30pm
Friday 20th July : Last day of term
Please make sure all jumpers and other school items are clearly named.
Would you like to know more about child development? Here are some leaflets we hope you find useful: