CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Our unit is made up of 4 classroom bases:
Holly • Maple • Cherry • Oak
• Every base has its own drop off point in the morning
and collection point at the end of the day.
• Each base has its own teacher and classroom assistant
to greet you and your child every morning, give out
messages, answer questions and listen to concerns.
• Reception (F2) home bases are Holly and Maple; Nursery (F1) home bases are
Oak and Cherry.
We provide a balance of child initiated, small or large group planned activities, where adults identify particular skills, knowledge and attitudes your child needs to develop. This means children can make choices and suggest the focus for their play.
• Letters, sounds and numbers are taught daily in groups.
• At Marpool we have several wonderful outdoor spaces.
• We make the most of our environment and spend lots of time learning outdoors.
• We enjoy planting, growing and harvesting our own fruit and vegetables which we use for our school lunches.
• Apples grow in our orchard and we love using them to make apple crumble.
• We look after of all of our animals. We feed and groom the goats. We collect eggs from our chickens and sometimes use them to make scrambled eggs!
• We hatched our very own ducklings and watched them grow.
• At Forest School we climb our trees, toast marshmallows on the bonfire and work together with our friends.
Would you like to see what children in FSU have been up to? Check out our photos here.
* Are going ‘Out and About’ in the school grounds with Eddie the Elf – we are looking for signs of Autumn
* Are counting carefully and singing some number songs
* Are listening to and joining in with the story ‘Owl Babies’
* We have learnt the story Aaargghh Spider! This week we have been innovating … we have been changing the story to make it our own.
* This week in number we have been using our careful counting to combine groups. We have learnt some posh maths words…. add and equals
* In Mrs Guy and Miss Brooks’ phonics groups we will be revisiting the sounds we have already learnt and using them to read and write words. This week we have looked at s a t p
* In Miss Jones and Miss Moss’ groups we have been learning some new sounds. They are j v w x
* Ask us about our day – what have we been playing? Who have we been playing with?
* Talk about the Owl Babies story with us – what can we tell you?
* Help us to count carefully
* Read your new book three times
* Ask me about our special new spider story! ‘Look at me, watch me…’
* Do some combining at home … for example “I have 4 red socks and 2 blue socks… how many altogether?”
Your child will be bringing home a design sheet this week (or you can collect from us). If you want them to design a Christmassy cup/ tea-towel/ card, please read the instructions carefully and return by Friday 2nd November.
We would love to share your child’s Learning Journals with you. They will be available for you to look at in the mornings from Monday 5th November onwards.
Tuesday 11th December: Nativity – details coming soon!
Friday 16th November: Children In Need, £1 mufti to raise funds for the charity. In the run up to Children in Need you can buy Pudsey ears and accessories from the office. You can wear them until Children in Need Day.
Would you like to know more about child development? Here are some leaflets we hope you find useful:
Do you know the PANTS rule?
Click on the Talk Pants icon to find out more about how to keep your child safe.