CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Our unit is made up of 4 classroom bases:
Holly • Maple • Cherry • Oak
• Every base has its own drop off point in the morning
and collection point at the end of the day.
• Each base has its own teacher and classroom assistant
to greet you and your child every morning, give out
messages, answer questions and listen to concerns.
• Reception (F2) home bases are Holly and Maple; Nursery (F1) home bases are
Oak and Cherry.
We provide a balance of child initiated, small or large group planned activities, where adults identify particular skills, knowledge and attitudes your child needs to develop. This means children can make choices and suggest the focus for their play.
• Letters, sounds and numbers are taught daily in groups.
• At Marpool we have several wonderful outdoor spaces.
• We make the most of our environment and spend lots of time learning outdoors.
• We enjoy planting, growing and harvesting our own fruit and vegetables which we use for our school lunches.
• Apples grow in our orchard and we love using them to make apple crumble.
• We look after of all of our animals. We feed and groom the goats. We collect eggs from our chickens and sometimes use them to make scrambled eggs!
• We hatched our very own ducklings and watched them grow.
• At Forest School we climb our trees, toast marshmallows on the bonfire and work together with our friends.
Would you like to see what children in FSU have been up to? Check out our photos here.
* Are getting to know our new friends
* Are singing songs and nursery rhymes
* Are counting carefully and singing some number songs
* going Out & About and looking for signs of Winter with Eddie the Elf (older children)
* We discovered an icy hand and a glittery trail!
* We talked about who might have left it there… where it came from, and why it was here. We found out that it was Jack Frost and we have started to learn a poem about him.
* In phonics we have been learning these sounds: Miss Brooks’s group: Revisiting Phase 2 sounds Mrs Vining’s group: j v w x Miss Moss & Miss Jones’ groups: y z qu
* In number time we have been creating repeating patterns with lots of different objects… I wonder if you can make one at home
* Ask us about our day – what have we been playing? Who have we been playing with?
* Share simple stories and Nursery Rhymes with us.
* Read your new book three times
* Practise telling our new poem ‘Jack Frost’
* Make some repeating patterns with objects at home
If your child is new to Nursery, you will have been allocated a key worker. Please see the display near the coat pegs to see who your child’s is or ask a member of staff if you’re not sure. Soon you will be invited to a ‘building a picture’ meeting where you will be able to discuss your child with your key worker and ask any questions that you might have.
Please pay any contribution money (£5 per term for part-time nursery children, £10 forfFull-time) to the Office – this will help us to enhance experiences for your child. Thank you.
Teacher Parent consultations take place the week beginning 28th January. Please sign up for a parent meeting with your child’s key person. There will be sign up sheets on base doors.
Would you like to know more about child development? Here are some leaflets we hope you find useful:
Do you know the PANTS rule?
Click on the Talk Pants icon to find out more about how to keep your child safe.
We love to read! The Book Trust website contains book suggestions for you and your child, games and top tips.