CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Our unit is made up of 3 classroom bases:
Holly • Maple • Oak
• Every base has its own drop off point in the morning
and collection point at the end of the day.
• Each base has its own teacher and classroom assistant
to greet you and your child every morning, give out
messages, answer questions and listen to concerns.
• Reception (F2) home bases are Holly and Maple;
Nursery (F1) home base is Oak.
We provide a balance of child initiated, small or large group planned activities, where adults identify particular skills, knowledge and attitudes your child needs to develop. This means children can make choices and suggest the focus for their play.
• Letters, sounds and numbers are taught daily in groups.
• At Marpool we have several wonderful outdoor spaces.
• We make the most of our environment and spend lots of time learning outdoors.
• We enjoy planting, growing and harvesting our own fruit and vegetables which we use for our school lunches.
• Apples grow in our orchard and we love using them to make apple crumble.
• We look after of all of our animals. We feed and groom the goats. We collect eggs from our chickens and sometimes use them to make scrambled eggs!
• We hatched our very own ducklings and watched them grow.
• At Forest School we climb our trees, toast marshmallows on the bonfire and work together with our friends.
Would you like to see what children in FSU have been up to? Check out our photos here.
We have been learning some spells from the book ‘The Lost Words’ and finding the objects while we are Out and About in our grounds.
In phonics we have learnt the sounds: s a t p i n We have been sound detectives… listening really carefully to these sounds in words.
In number time we have been learning to count carefully and recognise numerals to match.
-Spot the sounds we have been learning when you are out and about or in story books at home
-Practise some careful counting at home
-Practise taking your shoes and socks off and putting them on ready for PE.
-Talk about our word of the week
Dates for your diary
Reading Meeting - Tuesday 1st October A short information session about reading at Marpool.
2:40pm in the Drama Studio
Friday 27th September: Macmillan Coffee Morning Monday 30th September: The Gingerbread Man performance
Tuesday 1st October: Reading Meeting 2.40pm
Holly base: Tues 17th Sept, Tues 24th Sept, Tues 1st Oct Maple Base: Tues 8th Oct, Tues 15th Oct Tues 29th Oct
Please bring wellies and a coat.
Would you like to know more about child development? Here are some leaflets we hope you find useful:
Do you know the PANTS rule?
Click on the Talk Pants icon to find out more about how to keep your child safe.
We love to read! The Book Trust website contains book suggestions for you and your child, games and top tips.