CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Our unit is made up of 4 classroom bases:
Holly • Maple • Cherry • Oak
• Every base has its own drop off point in the morning
and collection point at the end of the day.
• Each base has its own teacher and classroom assistant
to greet you and your child every morning, give out
messages, answer questions and listen to concerns.
• Reception (F2) home bases are Holly and Maple; Nursery (F1) home bases are
Oak and Cherry.
We provide a balance of child initiated, small or large group planned activities, where adults identify particular skills, knowledge and attitudes your child needs to develop. This means children can make choices and suggest the focus for their play.
• Letters, sounds and numbers are taught daily in groups.
• At Marpool we have several wonderful outdoor spaces.
• We make the most of our environment and spend lots of time learning outdoors.
• We enjoy planting, growing and harvesting our own fruit and vegetables which we use for our school lunches.
• Apples grow in our orchard and we love using them to make apple crumble.
• We look after of all of our animals. We feed and groom the goats. We collect eggs from our chickens and sometimes use them to make scrambled eggs!
• We hatched our very own ducklings and watched them grow.
• At Forest School we climb our trees, toast marshmallows on the bonfire and work together with our friends.
Would you like to see what children in FSU have been up to? Check out our photos here.
* Are thinking about people who help us e.g. our family, teachers, police, fire service, doctors, nurses etc.
* Are counting carefully and singing some number songs
* are listening out for words that ‘rhyme’ or ‘sound similar’
* This week we have been learning about what makes a good story. We know that a story needs some important ingredients… they need characters, a setting and a sequence of events.
* In number time we have been learning about halving and sharing. We know that halving is sharing something into two groups so that each share is the same size. You might find half of some things at home. E.g. half of a banana, half of a biscuit, half of a pile of socks!
* This week we have taken some time to show all of the things we have learnt. Keep practising your reading at home… once you have read a sentence can you re-read it ‘like you’re talking’?
* Talk about how people help each other in your own family.
* Talk about other people who help us.
* Read lots of stories (maybe rhyming ones) and sing some Nursery Rhymes
* Read your new book three times (every week)
* Have a go at telling ‘Dear Zoo’ … don’t forget the actions!
* Talk about our Word of the Week… this week it is 'perfect'!
Home learning Just a reminder… Home learning postcards are now emailed on a Friday. You do not need to print these off, but please use them to talk about our Word of the Week and the other things we have been busy learning. Remember… home learning should be a shared, positive experience for both of you!
Multi tots We are so excited to be welcoming back Multi tots who have been teaching us some team games and other PE skills! Look out for some photos in the newsletter!
Explorer Dome Thanks to your parent contributions we have been able to invite the Explorer Dome to visit… we can’t wait to find out more about animals and their environments!
Dates for your diary:
Thursday - Wednesdaty 27th March - Book People Fair
Friday 29th March - Farmers' Market
Saturay 30th March - Jumble Sale
Friday 5th April - Break for Easter
Would you like to know more about child development? Here are some leaflets we hope you find useful:
Do you know the PANTS rule?
Click on the Talk Pants icon to find out more about how to keep your child safe.
We love to read! The Book Trust website contains book suggestions for you and your child, games and top tips.