CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Email [email protected]
Call now 378 799 294
School governors provide strategic leadership and accountability in schools. Governors appoint the head teacher and deputy headteacher. It is governors who hold the main responsibility for finance in schools, and it is governors who work with the headteacher to make the tough decisions about balancing resources.
The role of the governing board is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend)
The headteacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the governing board.
Please view our Governor Pages for more information about our Governors and how they help Marpool.