CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Email [email protected]
Call now 378 799 294
Palm and Silver Birch are our two Year 5 bases.
We explore our rich and balanced curriculum
with enthusiasm and passion.
Would you like to know more about what your child is learning in Maths?
We look forward to welcoming Silver Birch back on Wednesday 9th December.
Monday 7th - Tuesday 15th Dec: Marpool Elf Trail! Buy a map on the playground and look out for special houses in Exmouth!
Thursday 10th During school day:
Flu vaccinations for Reception - Year 6
Christmas dinner & jumper day
Thursday 17th 1.00pm
MSA Grand Christmas Draw
Friday 18th All day
Christmas Jumper Day for Save the Children
3.15pm School closes for the Christmas Holiday
Palm Base have been learning cross stitch and back stitch, built dens or lit fires in forest school, have learnt about multiples and factors in maths and have started to write a report about a mythical Greek creature in literacy.
Silver Birch have been self-isolating at home and have been learning via Seesaw.
Next week, we will:
- continue our reports and write them up in best,
- learn about special numbers such as prime, squared and cubed numbers,
- multiply numbers by 10 and 100 and divide numbers by 10 and 100,
- have another forest school session on Tuesday (please remember named wellies in a bag, warm coats, hat and scarves etc)
To support your child are home:
- continue reading your books at home or logging in to Epic! You can do a quiz at home following the link https://ukhosted49.renlearn.co.uk/1894423 but some Epic! books may not be on AR.
- keep your maths skills sharp by playing on TTRS or Prodigy
- log in to Seesaw to complete an activity or two that you're interested in.
Year 5 Curriulum Map coming soon!
At Marpool, we are using the White Rose Maths Scheme to support us in with teaching and learning the National Curriculum for maths. You and your child might like to extend their learning at home by practising what we have been doing in class using these booklets. You do not have to print them out (unless you want to of course!) - simply look at the tasks from the screen and answer on a piece of paper. The answers are all there too!
Booklets will be added to our website as the topics are covered in class.