CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Palm and Silver Birch are Year 5 classes where learning is built on in a fun, challenging and creative way. We work closely with Year 6 and enjoy taking risks in our learning.
Would you like to know more about what your child is learning in Maths?
Will be innovating on the finding tale ‘Seed to Life’ using shared and independent ideas.
* Will be converting fractions to decimals
E.G. 2 = 0.2 81 = 0.81 10 100
* Will be rounding decimals to the nearest whole number by looking at the tenths column
* Will be naming planets and identifying key features about each one.
* Will be learning facts to describe the planets, moons and star in our solar system.
* Will be learning to touch type so we can type more quickly.
* Will be learning to use the rules of speech to write dialogue in a story.
Please continue practising the following skills for fluency:
* Listening to your child reading three times a week and writing in their reading record.
* Times tables up to the 12 times tables (not in rote order).
* Discussing the meaning and spellings of unfamiliar words. Please support your child to access and understand their home learning – these are skills they have learnt in class and should be able to work mostly independently.
Thank you for making sure that your child has their PE kit in school for their Tuesday (indoor) and Wednesday (outdoor) PE sessions.
We are also hosting a Macmillan coffee morning on Friday 28th September. It would be lovely to see you there and raise money for this charity.
Bingo will be taking place on Friday 28th September at 6.30pm in the hall.