CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Palm and Silver Birch are Year 5 classes where learning is built on in a fun, challenging and creative way. We work closely with Year 6 and enjoy taking risks in our learning.
Would you like to know more about what your child is learning in Maths?
* Will be learning to identify and use negative numbers
* Using negative and positive numbers to find differences in temperatures
* Will be innovating on The Road to Freedom, a Voyage and Return Tale
* Will be reading and discussing newspaper articles
* Will learn about the religions and Gods that the Maya civilisation believed in
* Will continue to learn a new street dance routine for Matilda
Please continue practising the following skills for fluency:
* Listening to your child reading three times a week and writing in their reading record.
* Times tables up to the 12 times tables (not in rote order).
* Discussing the meaning and spellings of unfamiliar words. Please support your child to access and understand their home learning – these are skills they have learnt in class and should be able to work through mostly independently.
Thank you for making sure that your child has their PE kit in school for their Wednesday (indoor and outdoor) PE sessions every week.
Friday 25th – Book and puzzle bring and buy sale (drama studio)
Monday 28th – 1st Feb – Record of achievement meetings (more information to follow)
Friday 1st Feb – Bingo in the hall
Tuesday 5th February – Y5 Science trip to We the Curious in Bristol – more information to follow
Tues 6th and Wed 7th Feb – Second hand uniform sale
We have been busy!
Check out our photos here.