CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Palm and Silver Birch are Year 5 classes where learning is built on in a fun, challenging and creative way. We work closely with Year 6 and enjoy taking risks in our learning.
Would you like to know more about what your child is learning in Maths?
· Will be inventing on the Traditional Tale ‘The Princess’ Blankets’
· Will be using addition and multiplication to find the area, perimeter and volume of compound shapes.
· Will be learning how to measure capacity and volume.
· Will be enjoying our final swimming session.
· Will be sketching and talking to our Grandparents on Thursday 18th July (see letter sent home) 9-10am
· Visiting Exmouth Pavilions for an Avocet learning event, linked to our environment.
· Will be learning about the changes to humans in old age
Please continue practising the following skills for fluency:
- Listening to your child reading three times a week and writing in their reading record.
- Times tables up to the 12 times tables (not in rote order).
- Discussing the meaning and spellings of unfamiliar words. Please support your child to access and understand their home learning – these are skills they have learnt in class and should be able to work through mostly independently
Thank you for making sure that your child has their PE kit in school for their Wednesday PE (outdoor) sessions every week.
· Tuesday 16th July – final swimming session for Y5
· Thursday 18th July – Grandparents celebration in hall 9-10am (see letter sent home)
· Tuesday 23rd July – last day of term
We have been busy!
Check out our photos here.