CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Palm and Silver Birch are Year 5 classes where learning is built on in a fun, challenging and creative way. We work closely with Year 6 and enjoy taking risks in our learning.
Would you like to know more about what your child is learning in Maths?
* Are learning to plot coordinates on a four quadrant grid and describe the position of shapes following a reflection
* Are learning the features of a Defeating the Monster Tale and that ‘monsters’ aren’t always a creature, they may be a fear.
* Are learning to retell a DfM tale called ‘The Monster’
* Are using prefixes to change the meanings of words
* Help us to complete our maths home learning if needed. Please remember, we have already learnt this together in class so we should be able to tell you how to work this out - we might just need some prompts.
* Help us to learn the spellings of our words this week ready for our Friday test.
* Continue hearing us read and writing in our reading records 3 x week.
Please ensure your child brings their swimming kit to school every Tuesday including a towel and underwear for the rest of the day. Children must wear one piece swimsuits only please and will not need shampoo due to the tight timings for each base.
Your child will also need their P.E kit in school for Thursday P.E sessions. Please see the list for the full P.E. on the school website (for outdoor P.E. on Thursdays, children may wear plain, black jogging/sports trousers if cold).
20th April – Mad March Disco (postponed from last month due to snow day)
7th May – Bank Holiday