CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Palm and Silver Birch are Year 5 classes where learning is built on in a fun, challenging and creative way. We work closely with Year 6 and enjoy taking risks in our learning.
Would you like to know more about what your child is learning in Maths?
* Will be preparing to perform a transmission text.
* Will be writing our own transmission text by magpie-ing good words
* Will be learning the difference between regular and irregular polygons.
* Will be learning about different types of angle.
* Will be practicing fire-lighting, knot tying and working as a team during Forest School.
* Will be looking at how to name different parts of the body in French.
* Will be learning about water resistance.
* Will be making and testing parachutes.
Please continue practising the following skills for fluency:
* Listening to your child reading three times a week and writing in their reading record.
* Times tables up to the 12 times tables (not in rote order).
* Discussing the meaning and spellings of unfamiliar words. Please support your child to access and understand their home learning – these are skills they have learnt in class and should be able to work through mostly independently
Thank you for making sure that your child has their PE kit in school for their Tuesday (indoor) and Wednesday (outdoor) PE sessions.
Thank you for supporting Children in Need on Friday.
Christmas Squares will go on sale on the 6th December.
The Christmas Fair will also be on the 6th December.
Year 5/6’s Carols by Candlelight will take place on Monday 17th December.
Wednesday 19th December is the last day of school!
We have been busy!
Check out our photos here.