CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Larch and Sycamore are Year 3 classes with bags of energy and a love of learning.
We are based in the lovely new building.
Year 3 will be visiting Kents Cavern to experience what it was like for Stone Age people in the South West.
We will also be sharing a Christingle Service at St. John’s Church (Withycombe).
14/15.11: second hand uniform sale
15.11: Kents Cavern visit
16.11: Children in Need
26.11: Christmas squares go on sale
30.11: Farmers Market
06.12: Marpool Christmas Fair
10.12: Christingle service
Swimming will be every Tuesday afternoon until Christmas.
P.E. is on Thursdays - please make sure your child has a full P.E kit in school.
This week we have been…
* Learning our new explanation text: How Mr and Mrs Weevils’ Tine Portal works.
* Identifying the features of an explanation text.
* Reviewing our strategies for adding and subtracting 3-digit numbers.
* Identifying the Stone, Bronze and Iron Ages on a timeline.
* Making 3D models (triaramas) of rock layers called ‘strata’.
* Visiting Kents Cavern to investigate Stone Age life.
* Ensure that your child is reading their Accelerated Reader book at least three times each week.
* Encourage your child to choose an object that is used very regularly at home, describe it and how it works. You could draw it, label it and add an explanation.
* Help your child to practise their spellings ready for Friday’s test.
* Ask your child which times table is their target and help them practise it.
NEW! Which skills will my child be learning in Year 3?