CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Chestnut and Willow bases are Year 1 classes with a strong emphasis on learning through practical play and exploring.
We are right by the Foundation Stage Unit and the Forest School.
- Finalising our Ralph the Reindeer performance!
- Writing our Enormous Turnip stories.
- Creating Christmas crafts at Forest School.
- Learning how to create moving pictures with levers.
- read and share your child’s reading book and other books that you may have at home.
- talk through the order of the days of the week and months of the year.
- have a go at ‘taking away’ amounts and objects. Ie – I had 5 toys, 2 toys fly away, how many toys are there now?
Welcome to Year 1
PE – PE will take place every Monday and Thursday morning. Please ensure that your child’s PE kit is in school and each item is clearly named.
Monday 9th December & Tuesday 10th December – Year 1 and Year 2 nativity
Thursday 12th December – Christmas Dinner Day (you can wear a Christmas jumper!)
Friday 13th December – Christmas Jumper Day.
Monday 16th December – Trip to Exeter pantomime
Tuesday 17th December - Christmas jumper
Wednesday 18th December – Last day of term.
Which skills will my child be learning in Year 1?
Would you like to see what children in Year 1 have been up to? Check out our photos here.
Do you know the PANTS rule?
Click on the Talk Pants icon to find out more about how to keep your child safe.