CHOOSE THE PERFECT LANGUAGE COURSE
Call now 378 799 294
Chestnut and Willow bases are Year 1 classes with a strong emphasis on learning through practical play and exploring.
We are right by the Foundation Stage Unit and the Forest School.
- we have been writing our own alliterative sentences, based on the sentences in ‘Ellsworth’s Electric Ears’.
- we have been writing addition number sentences and noticing how they can be written in different ways - ie 6+2=8, 2+6=8, 8=6+2, 8=2+6
Enjoy your half term break! We will see you at 8:40 on Monday 28th October.
- read and share your child’s reading book and other books that you may have at home.
- create some natural artwork using leaves, sticks, pinecones etc or leaf/bark rubbings with paper and crayons.
- choose a number and see how many different addition number sentences you can write or say.
Welcome to Year 1
PE – PE will take place every Monday and Thursday morning. Please ensure that your child’s PE kit is in school and each item is clearly named.
Forest School – Forest School will happen every Tuesday morning. Your child can come to school in their Forest School clothes and bring their school clothes in a bag.
Friday 1st November – Bring and buy sale
Friday 8th November – Farmers’ Market
Please note: Large headbands and bows (Jojo bows) are not part of Marpool school uniform. Please save these for weekends and holidays! Thanks.
Which skills will my child be learning in Year 1?
Would you like to see what children in Year 1 have been up to? Check out our photos here.
Do you know the PANTS rule?
Click on the Talk Pants icon to find out more about how to keep your child safe.