Click here for the school diary.
Foundation Stage Unit
Welcome to Oak and Holly Base!
This half-term in FSU
- Forest School will be every Monday afternoon - please send in wellies every Monday or alternatively, you may keep a pair in school (please name clearly). Please wrap up warm in this colder weather!
- Indoor P.E. (Holly Base children) will be every Tuesday afternoon - no kit is required
This week, we are:
Holly Base (Reception):
- are recapping some previous digraphs learnt: ai and ar
- reviewing all tricky words learnt so far
- painting our Mother's Day Portraits
- reading I Love My Mummy book and identifying rhyming words
- exploring length and identifying objects which are shorter/longer
Oak Base (Nursery):
- are exploring the story 'Monkey Puzzle' by Julia Donaldson
- practising careful counting e.g. lining up objects, 1:1 counting/pointing
To support us at home, you might:
- Holly Base - Please continue to practise the phonemes and tricky words you have learnt this term.... please see the message about bookmarks
- Holly Base - please read your reading book three times a week and record this in your child's reading diary. Books will be changed every Friday.
- Do you have any rhyming books at home? (if not you could visit the local library to choose one)... can you hear the rhyming words in the story?
- Practise careful counting at home. How many biscuits are in the biscuit tin?
Nursery Build A Picture Meetings (for new starters only): if your child started Nursery in January, please see Mrs Spillings/Miss Vooght to arrange a 'Building A Picture' meeting in the coming weeks.