Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Oak Base!
This week, we are:
- welcoming some new starters into Oak Base
- enjoying our new Pirate Ship and playing in role as pirates
- exploring sound bumps in words e.g. kan-ga-roo has 3 sound bumps (syllables)
- sorting objects into groups and noticing 'what is the same', 'what is different'
To support us at home, you might:
- chat about what your child has been doing at Nursery each day. Who have they played with? What did they play?
- play a game of hide and seek together - use words such as 'above', 'under', 'on top of ' to describe hiding places
- read a rhyming story together- listen out for words which sound similar
Please return your child's Learning Journal this week, if you haven't done so already.
We are trialling using the pedestrian gate at lunchtimes for an easier and quicker drop-off/ pick-up. This will rely on parents being prompt so please ensure that you are at the gate at 11:45am if your child does any half days. Thank you.
Nursery Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.