Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Oak Base!
This week, we are:
- getting to know some of our friend's names in Oak Base and singing 'say Hello to...'
- making some Autumn collections and asking 'what do you notice?'
- exploring playdough - this week we've been creating hedgehogs (see come new photos below)
- reading the story of The Prickly Hedgehog and talking about some of the Autumn treasures that he comes across in the story
To support us at home, you might:
- talk to me about my day and who I have played with
- go for a walk and make an Autumn collection of leaves, acorns, conkers, pine cones etc. Ask 'What do you notice?'
- play a game together which involves taking turns
- make some playdough together (see Seesaw for a recipe)
- Read some stories together. Talk about what is happening in the story.
Animal Encounter Visit: On Thursday 14th October (AM), Chris Johnson will be visiting us with an exciting mix of animals for the children to handle and observe. This is being paid for by this term's contributions so if you haven't done so already please pay this either at the office or via the school payment website (£5 per child). Children who don't usually attend on a Thursday are also invited to attend - please arrive at 9:55am and pick up at 11:00am.
Forest School with Mrs Hunt (Tuesday mornings). Please bring wellies and a waterproof coat.
Did you know that some families might be eligible to apply for the Healthy Start Scheme? With Healthy Start, you get free vouchers every week to spend on: milk; fresh, frozen and tinned fruit and vegetables; tinned and dried pulses and infant formula milk. You can also get free vitamins.