Parental engagement can be a powerful tool for raising achievement and wellbeing in schools. Studies have shown the value of schools and parents working together to support pupils’ learning.
At Marpool, we do this in a number of ways:
- Engaging with parents to assist with pupils’ learning in school by sharing their learning on parent boards on school grounds and here on the website
- Engaging with parents to become involved in their child's learning at home by sharing learning on Seesaw and sharing learning ideas to work on together at home.
- Using Parent and Teacher Consultation Days to discuss targets and achievements
- Using a text and emailing service as well as Seesaw to communicate important news with parents.
- Sending home newsletters and focused year group newsletters.
- Sending reading books home with all children and encouraging parents to listen to their children read and discuss the book.
- Offering workshops on certain aspects of the curriculum.
We believe that this strong home and school partnership can bring great rewards.
There are other ways that you can become involved at Marpool:
- Listen to children read in school. It might be for an hour or two a week, or perhaps more!
- Volunteer to help on school trips.
- Join the MSA (Marpool School Association) to help us raise funds for our amazing school.
- Help to run extra-curricular clubs with any specialist skills that you might have.