Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Maple and Holly Base!
This week, we:
- will be receiving a special letter linked to our new text 'Dear Zoo'.
- will be learning the story and writing about which animals would make good pets.
We know that letters have a name, and letters make sounds. In Letters and Sounds this week we have been practising reading and writing words using the digraphs ai and ee.
In Number Time we have been learning about counting and representing 9 and 10.
To support us at home, you might:
- talk to me about Dear Zoo- can I retell the story?
- ask me about the characters. Which animals would make good pets? Which animals would not make good pets?
- read your Bug Club books online.
- arrange 9 or 10 items in different ways - can I talk about the smaller groups? For example...3, 3 and 3 makes 9.
Please keep an eye on the diary for any upcoming events.
Please keep an eye out for reading books being sent home soon. Reading books will be sent home on a Monday and will need to be returned on a Thursday to be quarantined. The cycle will then begin again on the following Monday. Each book should be read 3 times and then changed, this helps to build confidence and fluency.
Reception Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.