Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Maple and Holly Base!
This half-term in Reception
- Tuesdays: Forest School (bring wellies & coat)
- Wednesdays: Library for Holly Base (bring Library books)
- Thursdays: Library for Maple Base (bring Library books).
Three Reads check (bring reading diaries).
This week, we are:
- reading and writing words ending in er or est e.g. painting, crowned
- practising reading these tricky words: to, into, all, are, they, one, out, today
- taking part in our amazing Marp Jam - a celebration of music... we took part in music workshops, sang with the Shanty Men, explored some musical instruments and listened to some musicians playing their instruments.
- creating and extending repeated patterns
To support us at home, you might:
- Share my new reading book with me. This needs to be read 3 times before it is changed. 3 reads will now be checked on Thursdays
- Share your child's pleasure for reading book together. Holly Base can change their book on Wednesdays, Maple Base on Thursdays.
- Practise reading and writing the words and sentences from the home learning sheet sent home on Friday - this week we are sending home a sheet to support the learning of tricky words.
3 Reads: Children may change their books once they have read them three times (please record this in their reading record). Books can be changed on any day of the week by putting it in the 3 reads box in the morning. All reading books and reading records must be in school every Thursday so we can check for 3 reads that week.
Books: Please can all reading books and library books be returned as soon as possible - many thanks.
Amazing Grazing Trip: A huge well done to all the children who were amazing on their first school trip. Please see this lovely message that we've received about the children...
Thankyou so much for coming to visit to Amazing Grazing. It was an absolute pleasure hosting you. We wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the exceptional group of children you brought along—they were truly fantastic and displayed impeccable manners throughout their time here.
Reception Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.