Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Chestnut and Willow Base!
This half-term in Year 1:
- PE will be held on a Wednesday - please wear PE kit
- Please bring reading records to school on a Friday for the 3 reads check - ALL books will now be issued on a Friday
- Library Day will be on a Friday, we will issue a reading for pleasure book each week.
- This week, we have been:
- following a set of instructions to make a pancake
- writing a set of instructions to make pancakes and porridge
- learning about subtraction from 20 using our number bonds
- beginning to explore healthy and unhealthy food
- learning to talk about what Christians believe Easter represents
- practising our gymnastic skills such as jumping, balancing and travelling
- using our sculpture skills in a special workshop with Potty Joy.
Please continue to read three times a week with your child, please record each read in their reading record before changing the book. Reading with your child makes a huge impact on their rate of progress.
Group 1: water many any again
Group 2: my go into out
If your child is very confident with these, they could stretch their brains and use the words in a written sentence.
Spring Term Home Learning for this week: Please note - this half term we will be using a 'menu' of home learning tasks. Please use these suggested activities for the half term.
Please find the Phonics home learning sheet below: