Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Wingnut and Elder Base!
This week, we have been:
- Taking reading assessment papers.
- Playing different rhythms on recorders.
- Sewing our hand puppets together.
- Practising our Year 2 writing skills by writing descriptive texts to match thought-provoking pictures (taken from Pobble 365).
- Talking about the Queen's Jubilee.
To support us at home, you might:
- Read at least 3 times a week and record it in your Reading Record. One read might be a few pages, a chapter or a whole book. You could read school books, books at home or any magazines you may have.
Children will have two books at home. One will be their colour or number level, another will be a 'reading for pleasure' book that can be any level. A 'reading for pleasure' book can be shared at home together for enjoyment.
- Use the White Rose Maths App to practise your maths skills. You might also want to look through the White Rose workbooks and recap the variety of topics that we have covered.
- Can you make a poster or information book about your favourite fish?
Don't forget Year 2 sentence criteria*!
*Capital letters, full stops, expanded noun phrases and conjunctions
- Spellings will be sent home via text on Thursday 19th May this week due to our assessment papers.
Don't forget, you can share your Home Learning with us on SeeSaw!
Wednesday is our Forest School day - please remember suitable footwear and a warm, waterproof coat.
Monday and Friday are our PE days - please come to school in your PE kit and leave your uniform at home.
Reading books can be changed on any day of the week, as long as the book has been read three times. AR books need to be read one time before taking a quiz and then can be changed at the library.
Please ensure reading records are in school every day. Reading records will be checked on a Friday.
Year 2 Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.