Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Wingnut and Elder Base!
This week, we have been:
- Planning our own versions of The Magic Brush by changing some of the characters.
- Looking at four-fact families for numbers bonds to 20.
- Locating North and South America on a map, globe and Google Earth.
- Learning that adding grey to different colours makes new tones.
- Practising our 'Around the World' dance routines!
To support us at home, you might:
- Read at home at least three times each week. 'Three Reads' will be counted each Friday. Talk about the book (and ask questions) afterwards to check understanding.
- Play a number bonds game with a partner. Your partner will say a number between one and 20; you say the number that you add to it to make 20 - eg. person 1 "18", person 2 "2".
- Talk about the continents of North American and South America! Can you use these words? Northern Hemisphere, Southern Hemisphere, equator, continent, country.
- Spellings - Have a go at these spellings in readiness for next week.
sugar , Christmas , find , most
Hungry For More? Can you say and write the spelling words in sentences?
Home Learning and Spellings will run Wednesday to Wednesday each week.
Don't forget, you can share your Home Learning with us on SeeSaw!
Wednesday is our Forest School day - please remember suitable footwear and a warm/waterproof coat.
Monday and Friday are our PE days - please come to school in your PE kit and leave your uniform at home!
Reading books can be changed on any day of the week, as long as the book has been read three times. Please ensure reading records are in school every day. Reading records will be checked on a Friday.
Did you know that some families might be eligible to apply for the Healthy Start Scheme? With Healthy Start, you get free vouchers every week to spend on: milk; fresh, frozen and tinned fruit and vegetables; tinned and dried pulses and infant formula milk. You can also get free vitamins.
Year 2 Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.