Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Wingnut and Elder Base!
This half-term in Year 2
Welcome back to the Spring term! We hope that you all had a lovely Christmas and well deserved rest.
- For Elder, PE will be held on a Wednesday - please wear PE kit
- For Wingnut this half term, PE will be also be held on a Wednesday- please wear PE kit. This will return to the normal Tuesday after February half term.
- Please bring reading records to school on a Friday for the 3 reads check
- Library Day will be Friday (changing interest books)
- Please make sure that reading records come to school every day- thank you
This week, we have been:
- In Literacy we have been collecting facts and information learned from our school trip to The Aquarium. We have been creating alliterative verbs and expanded noun phrases using animals from the aquarium as our inspiration!
- in Mrs B’s Phonics sessions we have been practising reading words with more than 1 syllable
- In Mr Andrew’s Phonics sessions we have been adding suffixes to root words and learning spellings rules
- in Maths we have been solving addition and subtraction number problems and have been completing end of unit assessments.
- in our Dance lesson with a specialist dance teacher we have been practising our dance routines.
- in our Computing lesson we have been learning how to use a sorting programme
- learning about 'Keeping Safe’ in our SCARF sessions.
To support your child at home:
Please read at least three times a week with your child, and record each read in their reading record. Book changes will now only be on Fridays. We will be continuing to check 3 reads on Friday too.
Reading with your child makes a huge impact on their rate of progress.
This week's spelling words:
Mrs B's group:
toast roast right fight finger
Mr Andrew's group:
worth watch hour our who whole
ELDER Class Assembly @9am on February 9th
You will need a packed lunch (unless you've ordered one) and a water bottle.
You might download the White Rose 1 Minute Maths app! Very fun and educational! Here is the FREE maths app designed especially for Year 1 and 2!
Which key skills will my child be learning and practising this year?
What will my child be learning this year?
Which texts will my child be introduced to in class?
Click on the link below to see the whole list and how the texts link in with the curriculum. Book_spine_Y2
Year 2 Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.