Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Wingnut and Elder Base!
This week, we have been:
- learning how to create new tints of a colour by adding white;
- learning more about the features of jungle/rainforest landscapes and the animals that live in them;
- counting in 2s, 5s and 10s;
- practising writing Year 2 sentences, including expanded noun phrases and coordinating conjunctions every time we write.
To support us at home, you might:
- Please read at least three times a week. Don't forget Bug Club is still available for you to use!
- use globes and atlases at home to talk about our planet. Can you name the seven continents and five oceans?
- continue to practise your child’s maths skills by using Times Table Rock Stars or Prodigy.
- practise counting in 2s, 5s and 10s (up to 100) forwards and backwards.
Everyday: Please ensure your child brings a named coat and a water bottle for the classroom.
Year 2 Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.