Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Larch and Sycamore Base!
This week, we are:
- Presenting Non-fiction texts on an animal of the Rainforest, including the features we have been learning about: paragraphs, headings, sub-headings, pictures, captions, 'Fact boxes', maps, checklists and quizzes.
- Using fronted adverbials: 'Interestingly, surprisingly, astonishingly, amazingly' in our language and writing.
- Exploring what we know about Fractions.
- Designing and practising our silhouette trees for our Luiza Vizoli inspired art work.
- Applying our ball skills to netball.
- Learning three different rolls in Gymnastics.
- Reading more of our class text 'Oliver and the Seawigs'. Discussing what we thought of this story.
- Practising our own dance routine, created for us by Mrs Murray.
- Using mapping and orienteering skills in Forest School.
- Creating, tackling and timing a magnet maze. Recording the results.
To support us at home:
See below for closure learning.
Read with your child at least 3 times a week.
Share stories together and encourage your child to read appropriate texts.
Practise your time tables... check which table you are working on.
Spellings: We are learning the prefix: sub... merge, marine, title, heading, total, text, due, level, way
Time for Talk: What would a friend say was the best thing about you?
Ask me to show you the dances we have been learning with Miss Murray.
We are beginning to learn French! The children are excited and want to practice. There is a free app called 'Duolingo' which they can use to do this.
Log into Seesaw and check out any updates on there too.