Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Monkey Puzzle and Bonsai Base!
- Thanks to your contributions, we will be having a visit from the Explorer Dome on Monday to teach us about volcanoes and earthquakes. We will also be making model volcanoes on Monday.
- We will be beginning our new unit on addition and subtraction and will be practising counting on and back without exchanges.
- We will be starting to look at instructions writing and how we can use imperative verbs to make instructions clear.
- Will be talking about the choices we can make in life and what can help us if we are struggling to make good choices.
- Will be continuing to practise skills that will help us with badminton and rugby in PE.
To support us at home, you might:
- We've started to learn about Hinduism as part of our RE topic. This week we talked about how people have many different 'faces' to them and how a person's religion might be one of these. Talk to us about what 'faces' you have in common and what is different about you (e.g. You might both be daughters, but only one of you is a mother...)
- Practise our times tables with us. We might use TTRS or Hit The Button to practise or you could test us! This week, we have been practising our 9s!
- Read with us regularly and sign our diaries for our 3 Reads check on Friday.
- Practise our spellings with us! We might choose words from our personal spelling list or have a go at this week's spelling words which focus on apostrophes for possession:
- You can let us know about your home learning on Seesaw - Y4 teachers will look on Seesaw every Wednesday.
Did you know that some families might be eligible to apply for the Healthy Start Scheme? With Healthy Start, you get free vouchers every week to spend on: milk; fresh, frozen and tinned fruit and vegetables; tinned and dried pulses and infant formula milk. You can also get free vitamins.
This week, Corum Life Education will be visiting Key Stage 2 to run workshops which will cover different aspects of our PSHE currciulum (Personal, Social, Health and Economic education). The date of Year 4 workshop is 14.10.21. Please see the attached letter for further details.
Year 4 Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.