Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Monkey Puzzle and Bonsai Base!
- We will be writing persuasive letters to raise awareness about the causes of deforestation.
- We will be using our knowledge of decimals to order and compare values of money.
- In science, we will be identifying and classifying different species of animals
- We will be thinking about how we can protect the environment by reducing, reusing and recycling.
- We will be learning how to swim! Swimming lessons are every Tuesday afternoon.
- We will continue to develop our athletic skills in readiness for sports day later in the summer term.
To support us at home, you might:
- In science, we have been learning to classify animals. Can you talk about the different types of animals; mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish and invertebrates? You may be able to spot some when you are out and about or find examples of them in books and online.
- Practise our times tables with us. We might use TTRS or Hit The Button to practise or you could test us! Our times table check is coming up very soon and the Sound Check on TTRS is a great way to practise getting them in 6 seconds or less!
- Read with us regularly and sign our diaries for our 3 Reads so we're ready for our three reads check on Friday.
- Practise our spellings with us. We are spelling words from the Year 4 spelling list.
You might talk to us about what these words mean, how many syllables they have and whether we can spot any patterns about these spellings.
We might also choose to practise our personal spellings from our reading diaries.
- You can let us know about your home learning on Seesaw - Y4 teachers will look on Seesaw every Wednesday.
The royal hat / crown competition
Please encourage your child to come up with a royal hat or crown design to make at home. On Thursday 26th May each class will vote for their top 3 hats/crowns and the winning children will take part in our ‘Royal Parade’. School Council members will have the casting vote to choose the winning child in each year group. if you do not have any suitable resources to help your children recreate their ideas - don’t worry, we have a box of resources with a selection of items to enhance their designs.
Year 4 Times Table Check
Year 4s will take part in a national times table check during the Summer term. You can help us at home to prepare for this by practising our times tables with us regularly. Please find more information about ways that you can help us in the PDF below:
Bonsai and Monkey Puzzle both have swimming on Tuesdays. Children will need their swimming gear in a named bag.
Both classes have PE and dance on Wednesdays and should wear their PE kit.
Year 4 Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.