Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Silver Birch and Palm Base!
This week, we are -
- Immersing in the book 'What a Wonderful Word' and learning some new interesting and wonderful vocabulary!
- Reading an extract from the story 'The Winged Horse' and answering questions about it.
- Developing our knowledge and understanding of column addition and subtraction.
- Completing our space quizzes on Scratch and testing them out on our friends.
- Learning how to pass a football with accuracy and the appropriate weight.
To support us at home
At home this week:
- Remember to read at least 3 times and ask your grown-up to sign your Reading Record (we will check these every Friday).
- Offer to go shopping with an adult and find some items to add together using your column addition skills.
- Tell your family about some of the new words we have been exploring in the book 'What a Wonderful Word'. Can you use some in context?
- For spellings this week, practise these words in cursive (joined-up) handwriting (Spelling words will change every Friday PM).
- You can let us know about your home learning on Seesaw - Y5 teachers will look on Seesaw every Wednesday.
This week, Corum Life Education will be visiting Key Stage 2 to run workshops which will cover different aspects of our PSHE currciulum (Personal, Social, Health and Economic education). The date of Year 5 workshop is 15.10.2021. Please see the attached letter for further details.
Did you know that some families might be eligible to apply for the Healthy Start Scheme? With Healthy Start, you get free vouchers every week to spend on: milk; fresh, frozen and tinned fruit and vegetables; tinned and dried pulses and infant formula milk. You can also get free vitamins. You can also apply to have a free box of fruit and vegetables delivered directly to your door (deadline 24th September).
PE lessons are every Tuesday and Friday (PE kit to be worn all day).
Forest school is every other Wednesday starting with Silver Birch on 15th September (school uniform to be worn with suitable footwear and waterproofs to change into).
For the latest news, please remember to visit the News section of our website, where you will find term dates, the diary and newsletters.
Year 5 Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge