Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Silver Birch and Palm Base!
This week, we are
- finishing innovating our story based on Mission Possible and writing our own stories
- practising long multiplication and division; adding and subtracting decimals
- learning about the life and research of the scientist Jane Goodall
- learning about the scientific process of reproduction in mammals using scientific language for anatomy
- learning to embrace differences in each other and discussing the importance of tolerance in society
- talking about online safety with PC Morris (Friday 7th May)
To support us at home
Please continue practising the following skills for fluency:
- listening to your child reading three times a week with books from home or online using Epic;
- discussing the meaning and spellings of unfamiliar words from books;
- times tables up to the 12 times tables (not in rote order);
- continue to support your child to stay safe online.
For the latest news, please remember to visit the News section of our website, where you will find term dates, the diary and newsletters.
Year 5 Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge