Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Beech, Rowan and Spruce Base!
This week we have enjoyed being able to spend time with the other bases as part of our Year 6 bubble! Our playleaders have been setting up different activities at break and lunchtime play whilst keeping look out for those who are consistently showing their top ten to add to our Year 6 Book of Brilliance!
In our literacy we have begun to look at warning tales and have shared our new text ‘Keep off the tracks!’. In maths, we have started to learn about algebra, looking at how to write algebraic formulae and find one and two-step rules. We have continued to explore the different regions and landmarks of the UK in our topic learning.
In our learning next week:
- In literacy, we will continue to focus on warning stories and identify the key features and vocabulary of this style of writing.
- In maths, our algebra learning continues and we will look at how to understand formulae to use this to form and solve equations.
- Our U.K. learning continues with a look at different counties and their characteristics.
To support us at home, you might:
Please continue practising the following skills for fluency:
- listening to your child reading three times a week;
- times tables up to the 12 times tables (not in rote order);
- discussing the meaning and spellings of unfamiliar words from books.
For the latest news, please remember to visit the News section of our website, where you will find term dates, the diary and newsletters.
To order a Leavers' Hoodie, please visit the ShipShape website.
Please remember that all the year 6 bases now have the same start and finish time – 9:15-3:15. On Thursdays, the children can come to school in their PE kits – no need to bring uniform in to change.
Year 6 Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.