Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Beech and Rowan Base!
This week, we are:
- Continuing our persuasive writing unit planning and writing an advert to persuade visitors to book a holiday to a destination of our choosing.
- Carrying out a maths project, linked to our topic learning, using a range of skills to plan and budget for a holiday around the world!
- Introducing our Y5/6 show and beginning to think about roles and learning the songs.
- On Friday we will be having a secondary school transition workshop with the HeadsUP team. Please see details below for information about our parent/carers session next week.
To support us at home:
- Please read at least 3 times a week. Please ask your adult to sign your Reading Record. 3 Reads will be checked on Fridays.
- Practise your times tables by: using TTRS, reciting them to an adult, write out a tricky table and then inverse to practise division.
- You can let us know about your home learning on Seesaw – year 6 teachers will check Seesaw every Thursday.
- Our PE days are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please send your child to school wearing their PE kit on these days.
- On Wednesday 18th May, we are holding and ECC Transition Parent and Carer session with the HeadsUP team and the Assistant Principal of Exmouth Community College. This will start at 3:30 in the hall at Marpool.
- A polite reminder: please can you ensure you child is not wearing items of jewellery to school.
- We are looking forward to our Year 6 residential at the Dartmoor Activity Centre on Wednesday 22nd June to Friday 24th June 2022.
For the latest news, please remember to visit the News section of our website, where you will find term dates, the diary and newsletters.
Year 6 Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.