Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Beech and Rowan Base!
This half-term in Year 6:
Year 6 PE days for Spring B will be Mondays and Thursdays so PE kit is only to be worn on these days.
This half term, we are:
- Focusing on Brazil in geography.
- In PE we will be focusing on developing our techniques in yoga and volleyball.
- Focusing on rights and respect in RSHE.
- Revising our maths and SPaG skills on the runup to our end of KS2 assessments.
- Learning about evolution and inheritance in science.
- Developing our sewing techniques whilst creating a cushion.
- Investigating why creation and science can be conflicting and complementary.
- Learning how to talk about clothing in Spanish.
To support us at home:
- Please find this week's home learning activities. The maths activities can be found on Seesaw. You can share your learning with us on Seesaw, which will be checked every Thursday.
KEEP READING! 3 reads are checked every Friday.
- Log on toto complete activities in your rucksack or to choose an area of maths you'd like to revise.
- Use the link below to the White Rose Parent/Pupil videos to recap some of our recent fractions learning:Fractions Videos
- Practise the times tables you find tricky using the grid below (or you can draw your own):
- Blank Multiplication Square
- You might like to practise some Spanish by logging in here:
Information about this half term:
- Our PE days are Mondays and Thursdays. Children are to only wear PE kit to school on these days.
For the latest news, please remember to visit the News section of our website, where you will find term dates, the diary and newsletters.
Which key skills will my child be learning and practising this year?
What will my child be learning this year?
Which texts will my child be introduced to this year?
Click on the link below to see the whole list and how the texts link in with the curriculum.
Year 6 Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.