Click here for the school diary.
Welcome to Beech and Rowan Base!
This week, we are:
- Continuing our work on narrative writing based upon our class book, Letters from the Lighthouse by Emma Carroll. We will be practising using dialogue and creating our own characters in preparation for planning our narratives.
- In science we'll continue to look at light: how it travels and reaches our eyes.
- Thinking about life after the Second World War and what changed in Britain.
- Continuing our fractions learning, focusing on comparing, ordering, addition and subtraction.
To support us at home:
- Remember to read at least 3 times a week. Please ask your adult to sign your Reading Record. 3 Reads will be checked on Fridays.
- Practise 'Jingle Bell Rock' ready for our Christmas celebrations!
- Talk to an adult at home about the features of setting description. What does a description need to make it effective?
- Practise your times tables using TTRS. You could also practise reciting your tables out loud or write down the inverse to practise division.
- Practise this week’s spellings in cursive handwriting: recognise recommend relevant restaurant rhyme rhythm (Spellings will be updated on Thursdays) Can you create a mnemonic for each word?
- You can let us know about your home learning on Seesaw – year 6 teachers will check Seesaw every Thursday.
- Year 6 have weekly swimming sessions on Tuesday afternoons. Please ensure your child brings their swimming costume and towel in a bag. Goggles and hats are optional.
- Our PE day is a Thursday. Please send your child to school wearing their PE kit.
- Forest school will take place on Fridays and will alternate between bases. School uniform is to be worn with appropriate footwear and waterproofs to change in to.
Did you know that some families might be eligible to apply for the Healthy Start Scheme? With Healthy Start, you get free vouchers every week to spend on: milk; fresh, frozen and tinned fruit and vegetables; tinned and dried pulses and infant formula milk. You can also get free vitamins.
For the latest news, please remember to visit the News section of our website, where you will find term dates, the diary and newsletters.
Year 6 Photo Gallery
Hover over the photo for the caption and click on the photos to enlarge.